What we have covered should give you a helpful understanding of the main reports and useful data available within your Google Analytics account.
- Regularly review your Google Analytics (weekly or monthly is recommended).
- Focus on the most relevant reports (use those suggested in this course as a base).
- Become familiar with your data, visitors and activity.
- Look for trends.
- Focus on significant increases/decreases.
- Try to interpret findings into insights and recommendations.
- Implement data-driven business and marketing decisions.
More you can do with Google Analytics
Once you are confident to explore Google Analytics further, some of the additional things you can do include:
- Create a new reporting View and include/exclude traffic from a particular IP address.
- Use System Segments or create Custom Segments to focus on specific groups of Users or Sessions.
- Add Annotations (notes) to the timeline.
- Integrate Google Analytics with Google Ads or Google Search Console.
- Track custom Campaigns with UTM tags.
- Track searches within your website.
- Use Event tracking to monitor activities that occur within pages.
- Set up custom Goals.
- Create Custom Reports and Dashboards.
- Set up Scheduled Email Reports.
If you have enjoyed this course, we would love your feedback, and for you to share it with your network.