The Google Analytics Interface is comprised of five main sections:
New summary section introduced in mid 2017.
Contains your individually created and saved:
- Custom Reports
- Custom Alerts
Contains all reporting data, including Real-Time reports, and historical activity (more detailed than Real-Time).
Easy access to various Google tools and resources.
Contains all settings, tracking code, filters, integrations and user management.
Main reporting options:
This video lesson also reviews the main options available throughout Google Analytics reports, including:
- Selecting a date range (last 7 or 30 days are shown by default)
- Comparing date ranges
- Viewing the timeline by hour, day, week, month (day is shown by default)
- Report actions: Save, Export, Share (which involves creating a scheduled email report)
- Dimensions and Metrics
- Data display options: table, pie chart, bar graph etc (most reports show data in tables by default)
- Any text in blue links to more information, or a deeper report
- Hovering over a question mark ? will provide an explanation of the related term (useful for becoming accustomed with Google Analytics’ terminology)
- Links to open reference pages or websites
Next lesson: An overview of the Google Analytics Reports