Google Analytics is an incredibly powerful website analytics tool, that can often be quite overwhelming. Our Google Analytics training has been specifically designed for marketers and business owners, through years of hands-on experience across a range of different types of websites. It provides real-life examples, in a practical, hands-on training style, to help you make the most of the data that Google Analytics gathers for you.
Data may be “the new black”, however it is the ability to access relevant information, and develop useful insights from it that provides the true value.
Marketers and businesses who have a confident understanding of Google Analytics are able to:
- save time by quickly finding relevant reports
- focus on relevant metrics
- interpret useful insights
- develop strategic, business and marketing recommendations.
This allows savvy organisations to:
- better understand their customers; who they are, where they are from, and what they want
- identify their most effective marketing channels and activities
- be more targeted and effective with marketing budgets
- improve marketing and sales planning
- improve business results, such as online enquiries, leads, bookings, sales and more.
Our full day Google Analytics training features a combination of presentation, demonstration and hands-on activities, to give you opportunities to not only grasp but implement your new skills.
While we all access the same Google Analytics software, the information it gathers for each website is different, so in this Google Analytics training workshop, you will log into your own Google Analytics account, to work along with your experienced and qualified trainer.
Online and other training often uses generic or demonstration data, but we make use of your website metrics to ensure your training is relevant and effective.
We also provide you with a range of resources and tips developed from our years of experience working in all aspects of digital marketing, including website reporting and tracking templates.
We are passionate about Google Analytics, and know that a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the program, along with awareness and skills of some of its more complex and custom options, enables marketers and business owners to:
- confidently and efficiently access and understand their Google Analytics data
- have the ability to create formal website reports, as well as access the right information to make quick, informed decisions
- plan ahead for any custom tracking that may be required to assess the results of campaigns and marketing activities
- develop a solid foundation for future Google Analytics skill development, either formal, or through curiosity and self-exploration
With a focus on clear guidance, practical advice and actionable steps, you’ll come away from this Google Analytics training with renewed and up to date information and knowledge, you can put to use immediately.
If you don’t have access to your own Google Analytics account, you can still attend the session, making use of the Google Analytics demo account.
“I learned more about Google Analytics in four hours with Scout Digital Training than I did in any other studies I’ve done over the years.”
Zane Dean, Content Manager, Fresh 92.7
One day Google Analytics training workshop:
This full day Google Analytics training is specifically designed in two parts to collectively provide a comprehensive understanding of how to make the most of the platform.
Morning session – An introduction to Google Analytics:
In the morning we will work through the fundamentals of Google Analytics to introduce those who are new to the platform, and ensure that those with more experience with it cement their understanding of the various metrics, features and options (and possibly introduce you to some you were unaware of!)
We will review key reports that offer the most benefits across the widest range of websites, and you will follow along with your Google Analytics account, interpreting the data to develop an understanding of your website visitors and their activity on your site.
Specifically we will explore:
- what Google Analytics is and how it works
- what prevents data collection
- understanding your Google Analytics account structure: account/s, property/ies and view/s
- understanding users and permissions
- creating filters (to block internal traffic)
- the Google Analytics interface and options
- main report sections: Real-Time, Audience, Acquisition, Behaviour
- using annotations
- using the system and custom segments
Afternoon session – taking Google Analytics further:
In the afternoon, once we all have a solid grounding of the fundamental features and options of Google Analytics, we will dive deeper to explore some of the more advanced and customisable options that can take your website tracking further.
Specifically we will explore:
- linking Google Analytics with Google Ads
- linking Google Analytics with Google Search Console, and “unlocking” some of your website’s organic search keywords
- custom campaign tracking using UTM tagged URLs
- secondary dimensions
- creating scheduled email reports
- understanding Events, Goals and Conversions
- why PDF and file downloads aren’t automagically tracked in Google Analytics (and how to set up tracking for them)
- creating custom dashboards
- reporting best practices, including our provided Google Analytics reporting template
By the end of the day, we are confident you will have an overall understanding of Google Analytics that will enable you to confidently track your website/s, and enhance your business, marketing and career.
Please note, this Google Analytics training workshop does not specifically focus on Ecommerce Analytics, however those with Ecommerce tracking enabled will still derive immense value from an overall increased understanding of Google Analytics.
If you are unsure what Google Analytics is, check out this post: What is Google Analytics and why should I use it?
- to develop an understanding of the reporting capabilities of Google Analytics
- to develop the confidence to navigate Google Analytics and access useful reports
- to create an effective monthly website performance report
- to further develop confidence in using some of the more advanced features of Google Analytics
- to develop the skills to set up goal and event tracking, to monitor conversions
- to develop a solid foundation for further Google Analytics use, exploration and study
“The Google Analytics workshop offered many practical tips I could implement immediately to improve our website tracking and reporting.”
Alex Chen, Digital Marketing Coordinator, RAA Travel
This Google Analytics training is for:
- in-house, agency and independent marketers
- website managers
- social media and marketing managers
- digital content managers and creators
- SME business owners and managers
- agency account managers
- government departments
- freelancers and consultants
- high-quality training from an experienced and qualified Google Analytics practitioner
- printed training notes (detailed, including step-by-step instructions and activities)
- digital training notes and resources (including website analytics report template, event tracking code generator and UTM generator)
- morning tea
- afternoon tea
- tea, coffee and water
- follow up support
- invitation to join the Scout Digital Training Facebook Group
- attendance certificate (to include on your LinkedIn profile and/or your resume)
- a business or personal website or blog with Google Analytics installed
- a minimum of one month’s complete data collected
- a Google account log in to access your Google Analytics data
- a laptop and your preferred browser installed (wifi access will be provided)
Each session is restricted to limited participants (six to eight attendees), so you have the opportunity to fully benefit from the trainer’s knowledge and advice.
“Scout Digital Training helped us understand how we can optimise our website to best serve our residents using the insights provided by Google Analytics.
Now that we’re using Custom Campaigns, we have a greater understanding of the effectiveness of our various communication channels, which allows us to be more targeted in our approach.
We appreciated Erica’s patience for our questions, and the fact that she went the extra mile to follow up after the training and provide us with useful tips and tools.”
Lauren Christensen, Social Media Advisor, Marketing & Communications, City of Charles Sturt