Please note: this workshop is a combination of our previous Introduction to Google Analytics and Taking Google Analytics Further workshops.
In this comprehensive workshop, you’ll learn how to get great insight into who is visiting your website, how long for, what pages they are viewing, how they find it and what exactly to do with this information to keep people coming back to your site.
You’ll uncover helpful insights, expert data and plenty of information that you didn’t even know you needed to improve results.
We then go beyond the surface, allowing you to dig up much more valuable insights to better predict your audience and enhance your attraction and retention activities.
With a focus on clear guidance, practical advice and actionable steps, you’ll come away from this training with renewed and up to date information and knowledge.
This workshop will cover:
- Google Analytics structure: your account, property and view
- understanding users and permissions
- reviewing key reports to understand your audience, acquisition (including direct, mobile, organic, socially driven and other) and behaviour
- real-time analytics
- setting up simple goal conversions
- using the system and custom segments
- adding annotations
- creating an effective and usable reporting template
- setting up filters (to block internal traffic)
- linking with Google Ads
- syncing with Google Search Console
- targeted campaign tracking using UTM codes
- event tracking e.g. tracking PDF downloads
- setting up and using custom dashboards
Please note, this workshop does not specifically review eCommerce Analytics.
- to develop an understanding of the reporting capabilities of Google Analytics
- to develop the confidence to navigate Google Analytics and access useful reports
- to create an effective monthly website performance report
- to further develop confidence in using some of the more advanced features of Google Analytics
- develop the skills to set up goal and event tracking, to monitor conversions
This workshop is for:
- social media and marketing managers
- digital content managers and creators
- SME business owners and managers
- government departments
- freelancers and consultants
- high-quality training
- printed training notes
- digital training notes and resources (including website analytics report template, event tracking code generator and UTM generator)
- morning tea
- afternoon tea
- tea, coffee and water
- follow up support
- invitation to join the Scout Digital Training Facebook Group
- attendance certificate
- a business or personal website or blog with Google Analytics installed
- a minimum of one month’s complete data collected
Please note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Each session is restricted to limited participants (six to ten attendees), so you have the opportunity to fully benefit from the trainer’s knowledge and advice.
Venue Phone: 08 7099 3576
Venue Website: http://intersect.net.au
167 Flinders Street, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Intersect is a modern coworking facility conveniently located in the CBD. It offers a number of meeting and training rooms used for our workshops.
Wifi, coffee, tea, water and light refreshments are provided. You simply need to bring your own laptop and charger.
Intersect is conveniently accessible via public transport, or we recommend the UPark – Pirie/Flinders car park located opposite.
Please wait in reception and your trainer will welcome you to your training room just prior to your session.